For decades, Shoppers Drug Mart has been the go-to place for many Canadians as they seek out accessible beauty products. With the shift towards digital and online shopping experiences, they were looking for a dynamic way to reach mass digital audiences and new consumers.
Shoppers Drug Mart’s objective was to create impact digitally with their Big in Beauty campaign – a carefully curated collection of the latest must-haves in beauty, covering products from skincare and cosmetics, to haircare and fragrance.
- Drive traffic to their website
- Engage mass audiences of beauty enthusiasts
- Promote the Big in Beauty campaign
The brilliant media consultants at THE KIT double downed on driving digital impact, but focused on harnessing it in an engaging way. Tapping into a contextually relevant environment was going to be key. What does that mean? Well, THE KIT’s primary audience is comprised of women who are interested in the latest trends in beauty, fashion, and lifestyle. What better way to drive product discovery from the Big in Beauty campaign than to develop sponsored articles that featured these products to a very interested audience?
This content would feel organic living within thekit.ca and create great opportunity for conversion amongst a loyal beauty audience. To close loop, we recommended that they harness the power of the Torstar network and create customized assets that would run purely to mass beauty audiences across our daily and community brands.
What we executed:
- 3 custom sponsored articles: Big in Fragrance, Big in Skincare, and Big in Beauty, each linking back to the Shoppers Drug Mart website
- Social amplification via Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to drive traffic to articles
- Email newsletters and e-blasts to drive traffic to articles
- Digital display ads to drive awareness for the campaign, driving traffic to the Shoppers Drug Mart website
This partnership was successful in achieving significant digital reach, hitting the target audience, and driving impressive traffic. Because of the strong contextual ties layered onto that, this project drove quality conversions to the Shoppers Drug Mart website in a significant way.
- Total campaign was 182% above forecasted impressions (1.8x)
- Mobile interscroller unit—placed across Torstar’s fashion & beauty contextual channels—was 11.5x higher in CTR than benchmarked
- Exceeded engagement metrics in every media tactic utilized